Literary Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Lounge

+12
Subaru7
Arctic Wolf
Pyro
Burning Rose
Kaiti
Equilibrium
Estrella
Ayakella
Jordan
Heart Angel
Roxanne
Christina
16 posters

General Off-Topic Discussion

Burning Rose
    Burning Rose
    Trainee

Female
    Number of posts : 78
    Registration date : 2008-10-29

General Off-Topic Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: General Off-Topic Discussion

Post by Burning Rose Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:27 pm

Cause, my friends get back from texas and the mom is going to help me plan my sweet sixteen!! She loves to plan parties, she could probably make a living from it. cyclops
    Christina
    Christina
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 172
    Registration date : 2008-10-17

Post by Christina Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:20 pm

yay, I'll have another sixteen year old with me!!

Anyways, I agree with Estrella, the Argentinian dialect pronounces it as a sh, while Mexico and a few countries in S. America pronounce it with a -y-. It's like how in spain z's are th's so if you say "conozco" (I know) it's co-no-th-co. It's pretty hilarious, actually.
    Subaru7
    Subaru7
    Apprentice

Male
    Number of posts : 109
    Registration date : 2008-11-22

Post by Subaru7 Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:20 pm

K people, I'm really not allowing this forum to be totally inactive for an entire day, least of all the OT GD.

All right guys (Alright, mostly girls), how's things?
    Roxanne
    Roxanne
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 257
    Registration date : 2008-10-15

Post by Roxanne Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:24 pm

CHRISTMAS/YULE YEAH =D

XD Okay. I'm okay.

Anyway, things are pretty good around where I am. It's cold and wet though (not too bad but bad enough to dampen the mood a lot). My friends like to be depressing. =P

So much to do before I go away on Saturday/Sunday ;-;-;-;-;

What about you Subaru?
    Subaru7
    Subaru7
    Apprentice

Male

Post by Subaru7 Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:31 pm

I guess that I'm kinda bored. Since nobody is speaking to me online (PM I mean) they're all offline.;-;

Oh well, I got Magic, Linkin Park and LL, the latter being much too inactive for my personal liking.

Sums it up I guess.
    Burning Rose
    Burning Rose
    Trainee

Female

Post by Burning Rose Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:37 pm

Well, I would talk to you Subaru, but you never pmed me when we got the Hen'tai rp up.....

Oh, speaking of which. We're going to get two new people when they have time and I have a friend of mine already sent a form in. Yay!

How does everyone spend X-mas?
    Subaru7
    Subaru7
    Apprentice

Male

Post by Subaru7 Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:41 pm

Thought I did reply to that PM...

Alright, getting to that.

X-Mas? It's just family together time, well, for Chanukka anyway, but yeah. It's cool, most peaceful time of the year for us.
    Burning Rose
    Burning Rose
    Trainee

Female

Post by Burning Rose Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:49 pm

'Scuse me for my ignorance, but, what is Chanukka?

We normally go up to my mom's parents' for Christmas, but we're staying home this year. We're going to have ham and ashed potatoes, only cause that's what I said I wanted to eat. Razz
    Christina
    Christina
    Admin

Female

Post by Christina Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:30 pm

Burning Rose wrote:'Scuse me for my ignorance, but, what is Chanukka?

We normally go up to my mom's parents' for Christmas, but we're staying home this year. We're going to have ham and ashed potatoes, only cause that's what I said I wanted to eat. Razz

Chanukka is another way to say Hanukkah.

Also, ashed potatoes XD. Sorry, it just made me laugh Very Happy

I usually go to my dad's sister's (Aunt and Uncle) house for lunch and then my mom's brother's house (Another Aunt and Uncle) for dinner.
    Arctic Wolf
    Arctic Wolf
    Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 90
    Registration date : 2008-10-20

Post by Arctic Wolf Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:22 pm

Estrella wrote:
    Arctic Wolf wrote:That's not how you even pronounce it in Spanish. >_< Es-tre-ya That's the Spanish pronunciation. The double L's make the Y sound.

No one ever messes up my name really. I wish I had an uncommon name for people to mess up. Then I can nag them when they get it wrong. >=D

Edit: I just realized Estrella is spanish for Star. >_<

You just realized that? :L And that's not true actually. Depending on what dialect of Spanish you learned. I pronounce it the Argentinian way, when the double l's make an SH sound. ^~^

The last time it snowed for me was today, when it snowed almost a foot in total. XD

Oh, sorry. I learned the Spanish way. (In reference to Spain)

Jingle bells, Jingle bells, Jingle all the way!!!! Sorry Subaru, but Christmas is the best to me. =D
    Subaru7
    Subaru7
    Apprentice

Male

Post by Subaru7 Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:10 am

Alright sky, but remember to keep one eye open, even when you're asleep.

One eye open...
    Arctic Wolf
    Arctic Wolf
    Admin

Male
    Registration date : 2008-10-20

Post by Arctic Wolf Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:18 am

Ok, ok. Rolling Eyes Heck, I haven't slept in about a week anyways, so I'm sure I can make it through Christmas Eve without dying.

Don't call me Sky.
    Subaru7
    Subaru7
    Apprentice

Male

Post by Subaru7 Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:13 am

Alright, sorry. I was just too rushed to type out Arctic Wolf. Want me to edit it out?
    Estrella
    Estrella
    Trainee

Female
    Registration date : 2008-10-26

Post by Estrella Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:50 pm

But I like calling him Sky. ;-; Yo Arctic Wolf, we need a nickname for you. Any suggestions?

Now, don't hurt me for this but as of now, I'll be like pretty inactive for the next week or two. I'm going to be with my cousins, and it's not that I don't like you guys, because I love you all, but I would prefer to spend time with them rather than on the computer because I don't see them as often as I would like to, and I don't want this vacation to be like the last one, where we kept arguing over what to play, and such.

So yeah, I'll be in the plane tomorrow, not going on the computer until late in the evening in the states.

Bye guys, and if I don't talk to you before then, have a Merry Christmas, or Hanukka, or Kwanza, whatever you celebrate. Happy Holidays guys. <3
    Ayakella
    Ayakella
    Pupil

Female
    Number of posts : 43

Post by Ayakella Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:09 pm

Call Sky Wolfieboy or Arctic-boo. That should make him appreciate his nickname more. BTW, happy birthday a little late, Wolfie! I'm outta school! It's super snowy! I'm going to Florida for spring break in my car! It might break but who cares? I can't wait! I get to go to the beach! But I like snow! And I'm going shopping with my sister today! And I love my cousins too! La-la-la-la-la!

This is how I act every Christmas! Hope you enjoy it!

Happy holidays Estrella! In my head I'm singing everything I write! Maybe I'll record it!
    Heart Angel
    Heart Angel
    Pupil

Female
    Number of posts : 32
    Registration date : 2008-10-21

Post by Heart Angel Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:47 pm

Lynie your hyper... Anyway call Sky Arctic or Wolf.

I've been so busy with Finals! But Happy holidays everyone!
    Christina
    Christina
    Admin

Female

Post by Christina Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:36 pm

We had a "snow day" today, because it was too "icy" but the ice had all melted by noon, so yay! I had a test today and a presentation too XD. Oh well, guess those can wait until January....

Anyways, I just watched the Dark Knight (Don't call me out on not seeing it in theatres, I didn't have time Razz). It's amazing!!!!!!!!! Definitely one of my favorite action films/regular films and I'm not even a huge fan of the whole "let's go blow stuff up" idea, but it was really awesome!

Continuing....besides that I am currently thinking up a title for my new story that will only have one character. I decided to challenge myself by focusing a short novel entirely on one person and then maybe at the very end add one character, but for the majority of the novel there will only be one character Very Happy
    Burning Rose
    Burning Rose
    Trainee

Female

Post by Burning Rose Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:52 pm

Hey, I was just looking at the member list, and I was wondering. Does anyone know who the heck is Red Starlight? Yea, just wondering.

Oh, and Christina, I put ashed potatoes down on purpose, to make you laugh. [/sarcasm] Razz
    Subaru7
    Subaru7
    Apprentice

Male

Post by Subaru7 Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:21 am

Wow, I only just realised what ashed potatoes was all about.

Red Starlight? I've seen that avvie before...where though?

Jeez, I just realised, I seem to be the only one using a banner in my sig. I think that needs to change soon...
    Roxanne
    Roxanne
    Admin

Female

Post by Roxanne Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:22 pm

Red Starlight is Megacoolstar from neoseeker but he is rarely to never on LL. ^^;

I was going to make myself a banner months ago but I never got around to it. =P

In about an hour or two I'll be packing my laptop so if there are any problems that need sorting before I do PM me quick D: Yeah, I'm going to Cornwall over the Christmas holidays and I won't be logging on very much at all. I'll be posting the January contest before I do but it'll be locked and lacking themes etc. so on the 1st/2nd I can just open it and add them in for you (just incase you guys wonder what I'm up to).

That's great Christina! Last night I though up a novel I could write but I'll probably never get around to it =P

I might write a couple of things to go in my writing collection while I'm gone seeing as that thing is pretty dead. D:
    Christina
    Christina
    Admin

Female

Post by Christina Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:39 pm

Guys!! Go post in the roleplays and writing topics XD

Seriously, Sad

Anyways, mini-rant is over, have fun at Cornwall, Rox!
    Ayakella
    Ayakella
    Pupil

Female
    Number of posts : 43

Post by Ayakella Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:53 pm

Roxanne is going to Cornwall? England or Ontario? I'm driving through Cornwall, ON in 4 days!

Anyway, have fun!
    Roxanne
    Roxanne
    Admin

Female

Post by Roxanne Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:15 pm

England XP

Only just got the internet running up here. D: D:

I'll catch up when I can because I don't have much battery left on my laptop at the moment because my power cable is back up at the flat and we only have internet in my Taid's house. D:

Merry Christmas Everyone! =D
    Kasumi Light
    Kasumi Light
    Trainee

Female
    Number of posts : 55
    Registration date : 2008-11-09

Post by Kasumi Light Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:02 pm

GUISE I'M BACK.

Well, kinda. =P

The roads are all iced over and I'm still on vacation, but I'm in my old house that isn't sold yet and I plugged my computer into the internet cord and bam. X3

So yeah, I might be here for Christmas instead of in Ohio with Sa-chan. ;-;
    tumadre
    tumadre
    Pupil

Number of posts : 34
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by tumadre Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:27 pm

were do you live? what state? I respect if you dont wanna tell me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:19 am