Literary Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Lounge

+4
Subaru7
Pyro
Roxanne
Christina
8 posters

Harry Potter Roleplay

Estrella
    Estrella
    Trainee

Female
    Number of posts : 90
    Registration date : 2008-10-26

Harry Potter Roleplay - Page 3 Empty Re: Harry Potter Roleplay

Post by Estrella Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:59 pm

"I will call out the last name of the student. Once called, please step forward and I will place the hat upon your head. You shall then be sorted, and you may go to your house's table."

The Headmistress unravelled a list of names and read the first one.

"Drew, Elincia."

A young girl stumbled up to the stool and sat down, shaking slightly. She was nervous. The Headmistress placed the hat upon her head, and its patchy features ripped open and it shouted: "GRYFFINDOR!"

A burst of applause came from the Gryffindor table as the girl stuttered towards her table and found a seat by some older students who had begun to introduce themselves.

"Grant, Cameron!"

A boy with blonde hair walked up to the stool and sat down. The hat was placed upon his head and this time, after a moment's hesitation, shouted out: "SLYTHERIN!"

The Slytherin tables burst into cheers as the boy made his way to the table and sat himself beside two third years.

"Hiyashi, Jennifer!"

Jenny went up to the hat, nervously, and sat down and had the hat placed on her head. She was sorted into the house of Slytherin, where she nodded justly, knowing that she would be in that house, and went over to the cheering table.

"Isabella!"

The young girl walked over to the hat, and was sorted into Hufflepuff, after much thought from the sorting hat.The Hufflepuff table cheered wildly, some even jumping up and down.

"Lucretia, Lupa!"

A nervous young girl walked quickly to the hat, and was sorted into the house of Gryffindor, where for the second time that night, the table applauded and whistled wildly.

"Mandela, Eva!"

Eva headed over to the hat nervously, and sat down on the stool, shaking form head to toe. She had heard about the hat from her brothers, but she was still nervous. The hat sorted her into Gryffindor, where she stumbled over to the table and was seated by some fourth and fifth years who welcomed her warmly.

"Roseily, Alexandra!"

Yet another first year wandered up to the sorting hat to be sorted, and seated herself down on the stool to be sorted into the house of Slytherin, which cheered again.

"Sariah, Willow!"

Right as the hat touched the girls' head the hat roared out Hufflepuff. The girl went over to the table and sat down by the other first year who had been sorted there, smiling slightly.

"Wooding, West!"

The last first year sat himself down on the stool and after much decision from the sorting hat, was sorted into the one house that hadn't been called upon that evening: Ravenclaw. The house's screams of joy could be heard from their dormitories and they all welcomed the boy with open arms.

"That concludes the sorting this evening! All first years, I welcome you to Hogwarts. Let the feast begin!" the Headmistress said, watching everyone as the tucked into their food laughing joyfully along the way.
    Pyro
    Pyro
    Trainee

Female
    Number of posts : 60
    Registration date : 2008-11-09

Post by Pyro Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:30 am

Lupa's heart had been in her mouth when she had walked up to be sorted. She had bid a quiet goodbye to Alexandra as she stepped forward, towards the foreboding hat. She swiftly made her way to the sagging item, not wanting everyone's gazes on her for too long. As the hat was placed on her head, she shuddered as she heard it muttering to itself.

She jumped slightly as it shouted out to the students, and she stood up, locking eyes with the headmistress before stumbling towards the cheering table. Lupa smiled shyly, before watching the rest of the sorting. The next girl, Eva, had also been sorted into Gryffindor, and she had sat opposite Lupa, where some older students had welcomed her.

Lupa's eyes followed Alexandra as the girl was sorted it Slytherin. Lupa looked down. If the two girls on the train were anything to go by, Slytherins were not a nice bunch. But Lupa glanced up at Alexandra, and sighed. Would the now-Slytherin girl still want to be friends with Lupa, even if their houses had a history of being rivals? The Gryffindor sighed, instead smiling at Eva as the Headmitress announced the feast to start.

The smells surrounding Lupa as the food appeared overwhelmed her, and she reeled backwards slightly, before regaining her balance and sitting quietly, not eating anything.
    Subaru7
    Subaru7
    Apprentice

Male
    Number of posts : 109
    Registration date : 2008-11-22

Post by Subaru7 Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:04 pm

He had been sorted into Slytherin. But...the hat had said- it had said that he should not have been sorted in Slytherin, but his ambition and drive outweighed his other qualities. He didn't take it as an insult, but...had he been lazier, he would've been in Gryffindor. He sat at the Slytherin table and was clapped on the shoulder by a few second-years.

But then, he was immediately cheered up as Alexandra walked over to the Slytherin table. When the feast began, he asked, "Where were you? I didn't see you at the boats."

She looked down quickly and said, "I sorta got lost."

Cameron smiled and said, "It's alright. I figure you must be really nervous, right? Well, if we're having classes together, then maybe we can help each other out, you know?" he held out his hand and said, "So, we help each other out. Deal?"
    Kasumi Light
    Kasumi Light
    Trainee

Female
    Number of posts : 55

Post by Kasumi Light Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:41 pm

Jenny sat at the Slytherin table after a welcome of a couple of Slytherins. She had known she'd be in Slytherin. But she didn't know either of the two other first-years in her house. She picked at her food, none of it seemed appetizing knowing that she wouldn't have any friends in her house.

Eva turned and caught Jenny's eye. Jenny offered a small wave, and Eva waved back. Jenny ate a bite of her dinner. At least I've got Eva, she thought. Even though she's in a different house and our houses have a history of hating each other, she said she'd be my friend.

Jenny looked up and down the table. She saw the two other first years, whom she recognized as Cameron and Alexandra, talking to each other. She saw her two older sisters at the Ravenclaw, welcoming West Woodchucker or whatever his name was. It seemed like everybody in the Great Hall was socializing but her.
    Estrella
    Estrella
    Trainee

Female

Post by Estrella Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:18 pm

Eva was sitting down at the Gryffindor table, feeling surrounded by warmth and joy, but she couldn't help but feel sorry for Jenny, who was sitting alone, not socializing at all. Eva sighed, and then smiled at Lupa, who seemed to notice that Eva was feeling a bit off.

"So Eva, how are your brothers doing?" asked a sixth year who was sitting beside her. "I haven't talked to them recently."

"Oh, you know my brothers? Which ones?" Eva asked, perking up a bit -- she loved to talk about her brothers, they were her favorite people in the who entire world; they meant the world to her.

"I know the twins that were in school two years ago." the boy replied, smiling.

"Oh! They're doing great! They opened a shop in Hogsmeade a while back, and they've been selling lots of stuff. Their shop has a mix of everything. Candy, books, quills, you name it. I love that place! Too bad I can't visit Hogsmeade this year, or next year." Eva replied, sadly.

"When the visiting season starts, I'l drop by. If you ever want anything, I'll be happy to pick it up for you." the boy said.

"Oh, really? Thank you!" Eva said. "Actually, I don't know your name."

"I'm Sorcha." laughed the boy. "Nice to meet you."

"Same here. Not the name, the nice to meet you part." Eva said.

Both laughed, and then stopped chatting for a moment, so they could eat.
    Christina
    Christina
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 172
    Registration date : 2008-10-17

Post by Christina Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:42 pm

Bella squirmed nervously as she awaited the sorting hat's decision.

"Ahh...so your mother was a Gryffindor, ehh? But your father, now he was a Hufflepuff? Hmmm....very difficult indeed...." the hat whispered in her ear.

Bella scanned the tables and saw Derek messing with his wand. He silently tapped it against the table as his friends talked to him, but he didn't appear to be paying attention. Bella smiled as she watched him carefully, noticing the great care he took in acting interested in his friends.

"What's this? Not interested in my sorting, ehh? Much rather be off with....friends? Better be: Hufflepuff!" the hat shouted the last word enthusiastically as Bella lost her train of thought. She managed to glimpse what looked like a smirk from Derek before she hurried to find a seat. She managed to find one far enough away from her new acquaintance, at least far enough to prevent her from doing anything she wouldn't and shouldn't do.

When another first year sat next to her, Bella decided that this girl would be a suitable person to talk to. Someone her age, and much more appropriate. So she smiled kindly and extended her hand.

"Isabella Hatchinson, but you can call me Bella," she said sweetly.
    Subaru7
    Subaru7
    Apprentice

Male

Post by Subaru7 Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:50 am

OoC: Err, sorry BR, but I need to carry on here, hope it's OK with you.

She smiled and shook his hand. "Deal." They both returned to their food without talking. Cameron was a lot hungrier than he had originally thought. It might've been because he was so relieved. But, for some eason, he couldn't focus on his food, because, sitting right across him, was another first year that he had never seen before the sorting, but she was in his house. His mind trailed back to what his mother had told him as a child.

~~~~~

"Mother?" asked the boy, "What does it mean to be in a house at Hogwarts?"

His mother smiled and straightened his hair. He always hated that. "It means that you will have a family at Hogwarts. Your house is your family and you must lok out for one another."

"Wait, so does that mean I have to hate the other houses?" asked the boy.

His mother thought for abit and said,"No, hating another house is not at all what Hogwarts is about. Now, no more questions, get to bed."

~~~~~

He looked once more at Jenny and said,"Hi, I'm Cameron. Why aren't you trying to speak with anyone else?"
    Pyro
    Pyro
    Trainee

Female

Post by Pyro Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:22 pm

Hogwarts, Great Hall

Lupa sighed and looked down at her hands as she heard Eva talk to one of the older students about her brothers. Lupa rubbed her hands over one another. She would of loved to have siblings, but after she had been bitten and her father had died, her mother only took an interest in her, and keeping others safe from Lupa on full moons.

The werewolf sighed and her eyes scanned across the food in front of her, silently taking hold of a piece of chicken eventually, and eating it slowly. She glanced around the large hall as she ate, noticing that Alexandra was talking to another boy who had been sorted into Slytherin. She looked up, taking an interest in the roof in particular. It had obviously been bewitched to look like the night sky, and Lupa shivered slightly as the thin crescent moon came into sight. She looked back down at the table as she finished her small amount of chicken, then sat silently, staring at her plate.
    Estrella
    Estrella
    Trainee

Female

Post by Estrella Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:40 pm

When Sorcha and Eva paused in their conversation so Sorcha could talk to a friend of his, Eva took interest in Lupa, who looked a bit lonely.

"Lupa, are you ok?" asked Eva, reaching out for Lupa across the table, careful not to knock anything over.

Lupa looked up, and nodded, smiling. Eva smiled back heartily, and began a bit of conversation that would hopefully last for a bit longer.

"It's nice to know another first year in Gryffindor. I was afraid that I would be the only one. Let's be friends, since being in a House is like being in a big family, you have to be friends with everyone. That's what my brothers told me at least. You and I can go to classes together and stuff, and you can have a bed next to mine, you know, in the Dormitories?" Eva rambled, in attempt to be nice.

She crossed her fingers underneath the table, hoping that Lupa would take a liking to her, and be friends. She really wanted a friend in her house, as well as friends in other houses. She didn't want to be alone, she wanted someone her age to talk to, and go to classes with. And maybe, Lupa was just that person in her house that would be willing to be that.
    Burning Rose
    Burning Rose
    Trainee

Female
    Number of posts : 78
    Registration date : 2008-10-29

Post by Burning Rose Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:55 pm

{Ooc: Sorry Subaru. My computer keeps messing up.}

"Alright Cameron, deal" Alexandra replied, actually smiling for the first time since she entered the great hall.

When Lupa and Alexandra walked into the hell and Alexandra saw how many people there were, she felt like she was going to be sick. She thought that she wasn't going to be able to move from that spot, but two things happened. First, she saw Cameron. Alexandra was going to ask him to help her with her people-phobia. And second, she felt a force willing her to move forward, but she didn't see anything. So she walked forward with the rest of the first years.

Cameron was sent to the Slytherin. "Just like he predicted" Alexandra mumbled to herself.
    Lupa was sent to Gryffendor and Alexandra started to become anxious about which house she would be in.

Soon it was her turn to go and be sorted. When the hat was placed on her head, Alexandra heard it mumbling to her.
    It said that she would do well in any house, but, because she had a will to prove she wasn't weak, Alexandra would only do well in Slytherin. So, it shouted "Slytherin!"

She started to walk towards the table where the rest of the Slytherins waited. People were clapping and shouting for her.
    "They seem happy that I'm going to their house" thought Alexandra.

In total, there were three new Slytherins. Cameron, herself, and a blonde girl. Maybe she would become friends with her.
    Alexandra saw where Cameron was sitting and noticed that he was waving for her to sit next to him.

Everything seemed to be great.
    Pyro
    Pyro
    Trainee

Female

Post by Pyro Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:47 pm

Hogwarts Great Hall

Lupa stared at Eva in disbelief. She actually wanted to be friends with Lupa? It made sense, really. No one here knew about her furry problem, other than the headmistress, and probably her head of house.

Lupa closed her eyes and stuttered slightly, before closing her mouth nodding, smiling nervously. "Sure." She said to Eva, who seemed to be pleased. Lupa turned back to her plate and watched in amusement as the food disappeared, being replaced by desserts. The werewolf held her stomach as the multitudes of smells raced at her. Chocolate and Sugar, lemon and sweet scents surrounded her and she felt sick. Her face turned pale but she fought the feeling down and glared at her now clean plate.

OOC: Short post is short.
    Kasumi Light
    Kasumi Light
    Trainee

Female

Post by Kasumi Light Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:20 pm

Great Hall

Jenny looked at Cameron across the table. Jenny fidgeted with her fingers under the yable. She was surprised someone had decided to talk to her. She hesitated before answering his question.

"I'm not trying to talk to anybody because I don't know anybody except Eva and Isabella," she started. "And Eva is a Gryffindor and Isabella is a Hufflepuff. We didn't see each other on the train and I'm somewhat intimidated by my elder classmen slash classwomen."

"I see," Cameron said. The girl he was talking to was eating her dessert. "But be brave and talk to someone."

"I am," Jenny half-smiled at Cameron. She picked her fork up and continued picking at the empty gold plate. Her one, possibly two-minute conversation was over, and she didn't feel like talking.
    Roxanne
    Roxanne
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 257
    Registration date : 2008-10-15

Post by Roxanne Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:42 pm

As Willow slunk over to the Hufflepuff table she watched West go up and be sorted. She hoped he would be in the same house as her but she was not as fortunate. West was sorted into Ravenclaw the house she had wanted to be sorted into as well. She was on her own for now it seemed. She watched West dash over to his table and be welcomed - he was very happy and didn't glance over once.

Willow sat down at the table and sat quietly until another first year talked to her. 'Eh?' she thought as she looked up and smiled at the girl sitting opposite her. "Nice to meet you Bella," Willow started as she took a real realisation to all the students around her welcoming her and being nice. "Willow Sariah..." Her smile grew a little - this was going to be her Hogwarts Family. These guys weren't so bad.

A few of the students from older years turned around to face her and welcomed her, asking her questions and Willow started to laugh and picked up something to eat. She answered the questions quickly and turned back to Bella. "Are you pure blood or muggle?" she asked un-easily. Willow wanted to bring the topic up and hope it spread down some of the table so that she could find out if she would be accepted within the Hufflepuff house despite being muggle herself. She remembered that the students in one of the carts on the train hadn't been at all nice to her but everyone else since then had so she had high hopes.
    Christina
    Christina
    Admin

Female

Post by Christina Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:43 pm

"I'm a pure blood..." Bella said quietly. She didn't want to upset her new friend, Willow, and she felt that saying that she was a pure blood with a puffed chest would not be right. As she talked amicably with the Hufflepuff around her, she had forgotten all about her troubles.

"Willow, are you a pure blood or muggle-born?" Bella asked cheerfully. She smiled warmly at Willow who appeared a little less at ease after hearing Bella's reply. However, Bella had never thought much of blood status and had never seen it as a reason for being sorted into a house...or a reason for being made fun of.

"I...it's ok if you're muggle-born, you know. I personally believe nothing about blood status and I think it would be cool to grow up learning both magic and muggle ideas. After all, everything about muggles sounds alright, it's not like there's anything wrong with muggles. I had a muggle friend once, before I got my letter, and she was really nice," Bella hurried to say. She hoped she hadn't said anything offensive, and maybe Willow wouldn't hate her like her old friend did.
    Subaru7
    Subaru7
    Apprentice

Male

Post by Subaru7 Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:33 am

Cameron smiled once more. Jenny seemed nice and somewhat intelligent. It was probably nerves that were making her seem A-social. It was strange to see him, Alexandra and Jenny in Slytherin, especially since neither of them were particularly unkind. 'Wll, people change. I know,' he thought to himself. He also thought of the stereotype that seemed to be attached to Slytherin house. He knew Willow and West, would he be unkind to them? 'No', he thought to himself, 'Idon't think so'

Cameron was really annoyed at the sorting system now, since he now realised what could happen to old friends and the like. Maybe even family. He thought himself selfish for thinking this, since it was what he was against. He didn't know if other people felt the same way, but if Jenny was anything to go by, then he was strongly against it. Well, he was finished with his food, now it was time for the headmistress's address.
    Roxanne
    Roxanne
    Admin

Female

Post by Roxanne Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:29 pm

"I'm a muggle-born.." Willow replied. A few voices further down the table echoed her statement but a little more cheerfully then she did. They didn't seem bothered by who they were compared to everyone else so why should she. "It's really nice to meet you Bella. You seem really nice and hopefully we can be good friends," Willow chuckled reaching for some food.

"The only ones who can be slightly iffy when it comes to muggle-borns are the Slytherins although most of them just tend to imagine you don't exist," Someone nearby said. Willow mouthed an 'Oh' to no one in particular and threw a quick glance over to Cameron and Alexandra on the Slytherin table.

'Well they had been perfectly friendly on the train so I doubt that the sorting will have changed that,' Willow thought to herself.

Willow turned back to Bella and carried on eating and discussing with Bella.
    Christina
    Christina
    Admin

Female

Post by Christina Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:12 pm

After hearing the statement about muggle-borns in regards to the Slytherin house, Bella carefully eyed Jenny who appeared to be the same as ever. She had remembered Jenny mentioning that Slytherins hated Gryffindors and Bella then looked woefully at Eva. She hoped that she could be friends with both even if they ended up disliking one another. Bella returned to her food but was somewhat quieter for the rest of the dinner as she thoughtfully eyed each person around her, her new "family". She couldn't help but be cheerful as she thought of all of the wonderful people around her, all of which seemed kind, caring and good friendship material. When it was time to leave and return to the dormitories, Bella ventured out towards other parts of the group, casually making her way through and talking with others. However, by the time the group got to the dormitories, Bella had managed to find herself directly behind Derek, who was chatting amicably with someone who appeared to be his friend, another third year probably.

"So, any of the first years worth getting to know this year?" his friend asked casually.

"I don't know, there was one I met earlier who seemed quite friendly, she got sorted into our house. Bella, I think her name was. There are also quite a few new ones that are worth talking to, I'm sure. I was thinking of maybe trying to talk to some of them in the dormitory," Derek said calmly. His speech was effortlessly charming and Bella was very tempted to continue listening, but she knew that he might hear her eavesdropping and embarass her. So she quickly rushed to find a different spot in the line of people, and quickly entered the dormitory with Willow.

"Hey Willow, I'm gonna go put my stuff upstairs and then probably study down here, so I guess if you are going to bed, I'll see you later," Bella said politely and hurried upstairs. She found a suitable bed next to a window and put all her stuff in that trunk, then proceeded to pull out her book on Transfiguration. Her mother was quite good at it and had managed to become an animagus, so Bella could only hope that she could do just as well. Tucking the book under her arm, Bella quickly returned downstairs, found a cozy armchair to settle into, and began to read.
    Roxanne
    Roxanne
    Admin

Female

Post by Roxanne Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:41 pm

Willow watched Bella disappear into the girls dormitory before following after her. Bella was just putting her stuff on her bed when Willow came in. Willow found a bed close to Bella’s the other side of the window and she slipped her bag underneath it. She didn’t have the energy to do anything much. “Goodnight,” she whispered as Bella went back to the main room. Willow lay on her bed. She was too excited to sleep but too tired to do anything of any use like unpack or study. She lay there for a good hour or two before she drifted off to sleep.

Willow woke in the morning to a familiar sound. The sound of her owl begging to be let out. Willow rolled over and glanced around before feeding Prydwen. She then pulled out her bag from under the bed and began unpacking to get to her books and clothes. She glanced in a few of the books that she had found had interested her when she had been staying with Peter. Thinking of Peter reminded her of West and she made a mental note to find him later on.

[Short Christmas Post Razz]

Last edited by Roxanne on Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Subaru7
    Subaru7
    Apprentice

Male

Post by Subaru7 Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:06 pm

Cameron waited for the prefects to get up and signaled to all the Slytherin first-years to get up and follow. Needless to say, the prefects were surprised that they were there before being called forward. "First-years, follow me," said the female one anyway. Cameron rolled his eyes and followed. They were going to one of the lower levels, near the dungeons.

When they got to what looked like an empty wall, Cameron asked, "Well, what's the password?"

"Serpentsortia, but never say that with a wand in hand, understand?"

"Why?" shot back one of the other first years.

"You'll conjure a wild python. Just don't. Now, inside everyone." Cameron already had a picture of what everything looked like, since his parents had told him about it. "Now, Girls, to the right and guys, to the left. None of the opposite gender is allowed in the other's dormitory. Get a good night's sleep. Goodbye." and with that, the prefects vanished to their dormitories. Cameron decided to sit and chat to his mother for a while before going to bed. She was really glad that he remembered what they told him and told him to keep his nose clean.

'I will' he wrote back.

OoC:Anyone can ask Cameron anything, talk to him etc, k?
    Kasumi Light
    Kasumi Light
    Trainee

Female

Post by Kasumi Light Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:36 am

Jenny followed the Prefects down to the Dungeons with the rest of the Slytherins, and paid no attention to what the password was. Her mind was swimming with absolutely nothing at all, except for imagination. On the way to the Dungeons, Jenny kept her head ducked down and tried to blend in with the crowd, hoping nobody would talk to her. The next thing she knew, she was in the common room, and had no idea what was going on.

Looking around frantically for someone that seemed nice enough to ask a couple questions, Jenny's eyes landed on Cameron. She walked over to him slowly, and asked: "Cameron, what's the password, and where do I go? I wasn't really paying attention, see . . ."

"The password is Serpensortia, but don't say it with a wand in hand," Cameron replied.

"Why?" Jenny inquired.

"Because, it conjures a wild python, so just don't. Secondly, you go up the stairs to the right."

"Thanks," Jenny smiled, an actual smile this time. "G'night." She walked up the stairs, to find that her trunk was already there waiting for her. Unlatching her trunk quickly yet quietly, Jenny took out the little black book that was nestled safely between her socks. This book was extremely important to her, and she didn't want it to get harmed. She put it back in her trunk, changed into her pajamas, and got into bed faster than she usually did. By the time Alexandra had gotten up the stairs, Jenny was already asleep.
    Burning Rose
    Burning Rose
    Trainee

Female

Post by Burning Rose Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:35 am

"They're rather annoying" Alexandra muttered as the first years walked into the common room. Some people heard her and smirked in agreement.

Alexandra followed the rest of the girls to the right, towards their dormitory. When she entered, she noticed the girl, Jenny, was already going to sleep.
    Alexandra found all her stuff on a bed, in the corner, by the door. "That should be useful" She muttered to herself.

While everyone was going to bed, Alexandra was unpasking and organizing her stuff. With in an hour, eveyone else in the dorm was asleep and all Alexandra's stuff was unpacked and organized. SHe couldn't sleep though.

Alexandra took one of her new school books(her potions book to be exact) and quietly slipped from the dorm. She walked towards the fireplace, sat right by it, and began reading. The common room was mostly empty, so no one was bothering her.
    Subaru7
    Subaru7
    Apprentice

Male

Post by Subaru7 Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:18 pm

Cameron would unpack tomorrow. He'd been having a stage of insomnia that wasn't going away any time soon. So, he pulled up a chair around the back of the common room and, giving up on his attempts to learn the Protego spell without a partner, he started on the Reparo spell. He tore out one of the empty pages in the book and muttered, "Reparo," about 17 times before it repaired itself. His eyes widened, because it had worked when he was about to give up. He broke the chair leg and repaired it flawlessly as well. He was so excited. How could he go to sleep now? He opened the book and read the next three spells. After Protego and Reparo, there was Expelliarmus, Episkey and the Flipendo Knock-Back Jinx.

He knew Episkey was a really high-level spell which he wouldn't be able to do, but Expelliarmus might be within his reach. After trying them out, he determined he'd need a partner to use either Expelliarmus or Protego and something not valuable for the Flipendo. He started reading his mother's spellbook, marking off some he'd like to learn soon. At some point, Alexandra came into the common room. But, not wanting to disturb her, he kept to himself, watching the window, knowing sleep was to avoid him today.
    Burning Rose
    Burning Rose
    Trainee

Female

Post by Burning Rose Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:41 pm

About an hour later, the book was finished. Alexandra had always been a fast reader, Especially with books she really liked.

When she was finished, she looked about the common room.

About three other people were in there. Two older people, probabaly a couple, and Cameron.

He was staring out the window. Wait? How was there a window? The common room was at the bottom in the dungeons.

She walked over to Cameron and and leaned against the wall next to him.

"Hey Cameron? How are there windows? I thought that we were at the bottom of the castle?" Alexandra asked.

"Yea, we are. But it's an enchantment" Cameron said calmly.

"Oh........." Alexandra replied.
    Subaru7
    Subaru7
    Apprentice

Male

Post by Subaru7 Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:04 pm

Alexandra looked rather down after he explained it to her. "It's alright, one of the 3rd years asked me today as well, while you were reading. These people are stupid. And there's not many other places with these windows either. They're not a common sight. Um," he started, looking over at the seventh year couple, "I think they want to be alone. I say we oblige."

Alexandra nodded and they made their way to the stairs. Cameron turned Alexandra to face him when she started for her dormitory and hugged her. "It's alright you know, you don't have to be scared. I can tell, I was that way too when I first heard of Hogwarts. if you ever need a hug or a helping hand. You can find me." He didn't know what she made of what he had just done, because, as he had let go, he turned immediately for his dormitory and walked up the stairs.
    Christina
    Christina
    Admin

Female

Post by Christina Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:57 pm

Bella read her transfiguration book quietly as it grew later. Less and less people were in the common room, until finally, it was just her. She was fast asleep soon after everyone left, the quiet had made her very tired.

"Bella?" Derek's sweet voice questioned. Bella looked up and saw Derek a few feet away, his green eyes sparkling with mischief.

"Derek? What're you doing up?" she asked as she stifled a yawn.

"Oh, well, nothing. Better head back up," he said with a smirk, then stopped. "You really wanna know?"

Bella shrugged, "Alright," she replied.

"I was actually going to.....nevermind. What're you doing up still?"

Bella looked at him curiously. "Reading my transfiguration book. Were you going to sneak out?" she asked cautiously.

Derek nodded, "There's a place I practice spells, it's really quiet but far enough away from the new caretaker so he can't hear. He's twice as bad as Filch....he has a dog," Derek said and cringed. "You can come, if you want," he said politely.

Bella was no fool and knew that she could get into serious trouble, but she nodded. Something about the idea of spending time with Derek in an empty room, alone, was very tempting. "I don't know any spells," she said.

"That's OK, I can teach you some," he said, and held out his hand. She slowly put her hand into his palm and he helped lift her up out of the chair, after which they both quickly let go. Bella smiled at Derek as they snuck out of the hole. Their portrait was fast asleep so they easily headed down the corridor.

"Bella? You awake?"

Bella awoke quickly and looked at the person questioning her. It was Derek and at first Bella thought she was dreaming again. Then she looked around found the sun was brilliantly gleaming in through the window.

"Did I....Did I fall asleep?" she asked him.

"I guess so. I came down and you were out cold, so I figured I would wake you up before everyone else came down," Derek said thoughtfully.

"Thanks," she said quietly as her face turned bright red. She had been dreaming about him and for some reason she was sure that he knew this.

"What time is it?" She asked, trying to change the subject off of her.

"Early. I don't sleep well," Derek said quietly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:27 am