Literary Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Lounge

3 posters

[Suggestion]Various

Subaru7
    Subaru7
    Apprentice

Male
    Number of posts : 109
    Registration date : 2008-11-22

[Suggestion]Various Empty [Suggestion]Various

Post by Subaru7 Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:58 pm

Alright then, being a Neo converted, I do have some things that to suggest you might already be doing anyway.

First, the quick reply box, which allows you to reply without changing the window, was my greatest friend over there.

A proper sort of my.neoforum page which links you to topics and shows your friends.

Next, why not have the PM symbol flash or something when you receive a new one? It's easier than having a pop-up thing every time you receive one.

Yeah, that's it at the moment.
    Arctic Wolf
    Arctic Wolf
    Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 90
    Registration date : 2008-10-20

[Suggestion]Various Empty Re: [Suggestion]Various

Post by Arctic Wolf Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:51 pm

Those are amazing suggestions, but here's the problem. Neoseeker is an independent site. This forum is run by an even larger site. So while we have control here, it's not like Neoseeker where we can edit the site to do anything we want. So, as far as I know, we can't actually add those as features, though it would be awesome.

I have my computer set up so that I get a pop-up from my Email server everytime I get a PM message, that way I don't have to check my PM box every few seconds.

The site isn't that large so a My.Neoforum page isn't exactly needed as much. But something similar can be done. =/

Thanks for the suggestions though.
    Roxanne
    Roxanne
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 257
    Registration date : 2008-10-15

Post by Roxanne Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:32 pm

(Leave this to the tech girl AW Smile )

Quick Reply - I'll sort that out in a jif ^^

NeoForum - You can "favourite topics" by going to "Actions!" in a forum or a thread and clicking on "Add to your favourites" then view them in your profile. ^^ Unfortunately you can't favourite forums but seeing as there aren't too many right now it shouldn't be too much of a problem. With friends (and foes) you have a section for that in your profile as well.

PM - You can disable the pop-up if you wish. Usually, if I remember correctly, when you recieve a PM the color of the PM button at the top of the forum changes color or looks slightly different when you have a new PM. (It seems it doesn't work on this skin though ;-; ) I may be able to fix that though if you give me a few hours/days.

Hope that helps you out a little. But like AW said because this isn't an independent site we can't do everything that neo can do whenever we want. We do have limits. ^^;

EDIT: Whenever you recieve a PM now the button will turn a very dark shade of red/brown. ^^
    Subaru7
    Subaru7
    Apprentice

Male
    Number of posts : 109
    Registration date : 2008-11-22

Post by Subaru7 Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:33 am

Last thing:

I was browsing the announcements bit of the forum and I was annoyed to have to go all the way into the topic to read one or two lines.

If you can't make it, I'll understand, but what about a message preview? You hold your cursor over the topic and basically, you get to read the first 10 words without having to look in. Sound good?
    Roxanne
    Roxanne
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 257
    Registration date : 2008-10-15

Post by Roxanne Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:15 am

I'll see what I can do but I can't guarantee anything. ^^ I'll let you know if it works. With Announcements though, you can go to the portal to read a first few lines of the post.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content