Literary Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literary Lounge

+4
Subaru7
Pyro
Roxanne
Christina
8 posters

Harry Potter Roleplay

Roxanne
    Roxanne
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 257
    Registration date : 2008-10-15

Harry Potter Roleplay - Page 2 Empty Re: Harry Potter Roleplay

Post by Roxanne Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:13 pm

Peter dragged the suitcase along the platform to a spot inbetween platform 9 and 10. Willow ran to keep up clutching her owl's cage. Prydwen squaked a few times and Willow flushed red with all the people staring at her. "Come on Willow, we're running late," he said smiling as if he enjoyed being late. Willow ran through the wall as Peter had explained to her on the way there and Peter followed afterwards.

He left her suitcase and her owl near the rest to be taken care of and pushed Willow forward on to the train. "Go ahead, I'll be there in a minute," he said going to talk to a man standing near the wall they had just run through. Willow pushed her way onto the train and began looking for a reasonably empty compartment. A boy came up behind her as if rushing to get to an empty compartment.

"Hey," he muttered. "How are you doing?" Willow gave him an odd look and tried moving a little faster up the train. It was so full. She was about to give up when she saw Peter a little further up the train pointing to a few empty compartments, or at least reasonably empty compartments.

"I'm doing okay," Willow replied and smiled. Peter waved goodbye and Willow waved back as she backed into the first compartment they came too.

"Oi, get out," they yelled at her and she moved out quickly. The boys in the compartment shut the door and carried to talk.

"It's just because you're a muggle... Don't worry not everyone is like that," the boy muttered from behind her. "Willow Sariah, right? West Adler."

Willow nodded. "Adler? Are you Peter's son?" she asked but called herself stupid realising Peter hadn't mentioned a son and she hadn't seen West last night.

West shook his head and smiled. "Peter is my uncle. He asked me too watch out for you," he explained stopping outside a compartment with only two people inside.

"Thanks.. I should be able to manage though.." Willow replied. She pushed the door open and walked in trying to acknowledge the two inside but trying not to draw attention to herself. "How did they know I was muggle? You know the boys?" she whispered to West as he pushed his way into the compartment and threw his bag onto the luggage rack being careful of the cat.

"You're not sure whether to believe your eyes or admit you're dreaming and it shows," West replied taking a seat. A soot black face poked out of his pocket and meowed. "Hello Moon..." he sighed. The cat jumped out of his pocket and jumped onto Willow's lap. Willow chuckled and whispered a hello. "She's called Moonshine really but it's easier to call her Moon," he explained.

"I have an owl called Prydwen..."
    Willow said as she played with Moon a little.

West turned to the two others in the compartment. "West Adler and Willow Sariah," he said confidently. "Nice to meet you." Willow looked down for a moment and then turned to smile at them both.
    Estrella
    Estrella
    Trainee

Female
    Number of posts : 90
    Registration date : 2008-10-26

Post by Estrella Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:35 pm

Platform 9 3/4

Eva stared at the Hogwarts Express with a dull look. She wasn't all that enthusiastic that morning, because she had a terrible headache. What a great way to start the year off - with a headache.

After hugging her brothers and making them promise to write often, and saying goodbye to her beloved parents, Eva headed onto the train and found a compartment that was relatively empty, except for one girl. She smiled at the girl briefly, before unlocking her owl's cage, allowing it to perch itself on her arm and coo softly.

After a few moments, she put her owl back into it's cage and then pulled out a book and her wand, which had already tuned itself to her. She had practiced a few spells at home with the help of her brothers, and they had all turned out pretty good, except for one which accidentally made one of her mother's favorite potted plants fly out the window.

Eva then noticed that she hadn't introduced herself to the girl who was sitting by her, so she cleared her throat and introduced herself.

"Hi there! I'm Eva Mandela, I hope you don't mind if I sit here. I won't be a bother, I promise." she said, smiling brightly.
    Burning Rose
    Burning Rose
    Trainee

Female
    Number of posts : 78
    Registration date : 2008-10-29

Post by Burning Rose Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:39 pm

"Oh, Um.. I'm Alexandra. Nice to meet you Cameron" She said, shaking his hand.
    "That's a nice name" He said as he sat back down, "You're welcome to the sweets".
    At this last part, Cameron nodded to the snacks he put next to Alexandra.
    She picked up a package that said Chocolate Frog on it.
    "Umm, what is this stuff?" Alexandra asked, " It's not real, is it?".
    "You've never had a chocolate frog before?" Cameron ask, surprised.
    "Nope, never" She replied.
    "Are you a Muggle-Born?" He asked.
    "Um, not to sure. See I was adopted and I don't know my real parents" Alexandra explained, "So I could be, but I don't know. But I was raised muggle".
    "Oh, Ok.... Well if you don't know about wizarding world sweets, I guess I'll have to explain them" Cameron said, smiling.
    "Thank you Cameron" She replied, also smiling.
    He continued to tell her about the different sweets, he had gotten, plus other types that were famous, when two other people arrived in the compartment.
    The boy swung his luggage, narrowly missing Winter, then sat down with the girl on the other side of Alexandra's seat.
    Winter leaped off the rack, angry to be disturbed, and landed by Cameron.
    The boy had a small kitten in his pocket that, when it came out, the girl started to play with.
    The boy then introduced himself and the girl.
    "West Adler and Willow Sariah," He said, "Nice to meet you".
    Subaru7
    Subaru7
    Apprentice

Male
    Number of posts : 109
    Registration date : 2008-11-22

Post by Subaru7 Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:50 pm

"Hello there. I'm Cameron Grant, this is Alexandra, um..."

"Roseily," she interjected,"Alexandra Roseily."

Roseily...how had he...no, he had never heard it, he must be imagining it. He ruffled his hair and finally, Nirvana came streaking along, keeping pace with the train terrificly. "Nirvana!" he cried and opened the window. He quickly scooped her in and took the note from her leg.

It read: "Cameron, I'm sorry, but I've been accepted to Beauxbatons, not Hogwarts. I'm really sorry. I hope we can still stay in touch.

- Verity-Ann"

He let his head drop backwards. Well, this sucked. He was really looking forward to seeing her again. Maybe over Christmas... Then, he pulled his head back up and said to Nirvana, "Thanks. Must've been hard, I'll give you something when the Lu-Oh, here it is!" The Lunch Trolley was outside thei compartments. "Anyone fancy something?" he asked.
    Roxanne
    Roxanne
    Admin

Female

Post by Roxanne Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:32 pm

Willow shifted to see the Lunch cart and it's contents. She didn't have any money with her and she wasn't that hungry anyway so she polietly said that she didn't want anything. She then turned back to the others. West turned to the cart and bought a few things. Willow didn't recognise a single thing on the cart. She laughed at herself. Her confusion porbably made it obvious to the other two in the compartment that she was muggle.

West was busy rifling with what he had bought and the other two seemed to be thinking. Willow sank back into the seat and closed her eyes. The quiet was just what she needed for a moment. Her thoughts were racing and the excitement was coming in waves now that the train was moving. She listened to the sounds of the train and the students walking up and down the train and in the compartments opposite. She then thought back to what Peter had told her about the school. She thought about how much West must know about the school. Willow opened her eyes when she felt something soft move against her cheek. Moon had moved up on to shoulder and began rubbing her face against Willow's cheek. "Nice to meet you," Willow finally said after a few minutes of silence. Willow searched for something to talk about in her head.

She sank back into the seat and closed her eyes again and then opened them again glancing out of the window. The scenery flew past at an amazing rate and Willow wished she had Prydwen here with her. The others all had their pets with them but she had taken Peter's advice and left her with her suitcase. She was glad that Moon had taken a liking to her. Willow continued to think about something to talk about and two things popped into her head. "Okay," she said as confidently as she could. This had to be the first time she had spoken properly and confidently and she felt proud of herself. "Where exactly do you all come from and what house do you hope to get into?" She asked. She realised it had come out a little more confidently than she had expected. She then lost all her confidence and sank back into her seat while she waited for a response.

"I live in a housing estate in London near where you stayed last night," West's voice came after a few minutes. He seemed to be talking more to Willow than the other two but he soon realised what he was doing and pulled an apologetic smile. "I'm hoping to either get in to Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff." he said enthusiastically. It seemed he simply couldn't wait to arrive. Willow smiled.

"Ravenclaw sounds like a good one. I hope to get into that one," she said. "I come from Liverpool," she said putting on her thick Scouse accent. She began to laugh at herself and then she waited for the others to answer her questions. While she waited she wondered how long it would be until they arrived. She wondered if the castle would be anything like she had imagined from Peter's descriptions and she wondered how different the classes at Hogwarts would be compared to the classes she used to hate at her school.

A voice broke her from her thoughts, she sat still with Moon on her shoulder to listen to what they had to say.
    Kasumi Light
    Kasumi Light
    Trainee

Female
    Number of posts : 55
    Registration date : 2008-11-09

Post by Kasumi Light Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:55 pm

Train Compartment

Jenny looked at the girl who had entered her apartment. She closed the black book she had been reading and smiled.

"Hello Eva," Jennifer said. "I'm Jennifer Mira Hayashi, but you can call me Jenny if you want. You can sit here too, if you want."

"Thanks," Eva replied, smiling brightly. Jenny returned the smile. "So, any idea which House you're going to be in? I think I'm going to be a Gryffindor, really."

Jenny fidgeted with her silver chain bookmark with a star dangling off the end. She knew in her heart she would be a Slytherin, and everybody knew Slytherins and Gryffindors weren't the best of friends. Oh well, it's one person.

"I think I'm going to be a Slytherin," Jenny stated, shifting her gaze to the window.

"Really? Cool," Eva was still smiling. Jenny returned the face-muscle-movement.
    Christina
    Christina
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 172
    Registration date : 2008-10-17

Post by Christina Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:24 pm

Isabella decided after awhile that she would talk to the people in front of her who seemed to be having an amicable conversation about houses.

"Hi, I'm Isabella, but you can call me Izzie or Bella. I think I'm going to be a Gryffindor too, like my mum, but I don't know. They say it's not based on family but on your personality, so maybe I'll be a Hufflepuff," Isabella said thoughtfully and looked at the two girls.

"You're Jenny and you're Eva, right? I have a good memory and couldn't help but overhear your names," Bella noted. She wondered if she had come off too strong and hoped that she hadn't but then again she may have. Instead of worrying she simply smiled warmly and awaited a response from one of the two girls.
    Subaru7
    Subaru7
    Apprentice

Male

Post by Subaru7 Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:27 am

Cameron took a little while to register what had just been said. "Oh, I live in a house near Sussex. It's somewhere in the valley, but it won't be on a map. I will probably in Slytherin, since my whole family has been, but...nothing, I'll most probably end up there." He shuddered as the wind suddenly blew in. There was a certain silence that encompassed this particular compartment, one that might've ad nothing to do with themselves, but more like the fact that the sky was darkening, as it was supposed to when the train started to near Hogwarts.

After a quick glance at his watch, he realsied that there should be abour 3 hours left. In this time he turned to one of the strange things that seemed to be poking out of his suitcase. It was an old box. he opened it and saw a weird book, which had strange markings on it. He opened it and found that everything was in perfect English.

He read the first page to himself, "Wondering what this is? It's a magical diary. This is yours Cameron, but it belonged to me. It'll be your comfort during shool. Write daily." He wondered vaguely what that meant and dissmissed it as another one of dad's weird old artifacts. But he decided to write something on the page dated September 1st.

"Well, I met a few people on the Hogwarts Express. Not at Hogwarts yet." the words shimmered on the page before more words appeared underneath it,"That's great son, this is Mommy. I figured that this would be faster than Owl Post, right? As I said, write Daily." He jumped when this happened and quickly muttered an excuse about how he thought he saw something. His mother was weird, where di she get all of this? He'd ask later.
    Pyro
    Pyro
    Trainee

Female
    Number of posts : 60

Post by Pyro Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:26 am

Hogwarts Express

Lupa ran her hand through her hair as she gazed out of the window. The countryside was now wizzing past, since they were out of London. She jumped as the door rattled open, slid to the side. She turned to see two tall girls, a green and silver snake embroidered on their cloaks. They sneered at Lupa, who had turned red, and walked into the compartment.
    "Look, an ikle firstie." One of the girls said, flipping her long blonde hair over her shoulder. "This one's not going to be a Slytherin. To wimpy." She laughed along with her friend.
    Lupa narrowed her eyes. "Oh yeah?" She asked, standing up and puling her wand out of her pocket. The girls laughed even harder and Lupa turned crimson. "Go away. Why would anyone want to be a Slytherin if they would turn out like you?" She hissed.
    "Oh, look. The cub has claws." The other girl said, her curly brown hair falling over her face as she laughed. Lupa stared at them, wondering if it was so obvious that she was different. "Go away!" She hissed again as she became angry. She pointed her wand at them, not expecting it to do anything, but jumping back as flames flew out, licking at the girls hands.
    The Slytherins turned and hurried out of the compartment, heading back down the train as Lupa stood in the compartment alone now, staring at her wand.

OOC: No disrespect to Slytherins. You guys are awesome. =3
    Burning Rose
    Burning Rose
    Trainee

Female

Post by Burning Rose Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:18 pm

Cameron was writing in a book and Willow was waiting for Alexandra to answer her question.
    "Umm, I'm from a city called New York. It's in the U.S." Alexandra started, " Actually, a suburb north of the actual sity. And I'm not to sure about any of the house".
    "What do you mean not sure?" Willow asked.
    "I mean, I've never heard of Hogwarts before I got my letter, and the person who explained it to me was very brief about it" Alexandra replied.
    "Oh," Willow said.
    "Hey, Alexandra, are you muggle-born?" West asked.
    "Actually, I just had this conversation with Cameron, right before you two can in" Alexandra started, "I don't know. I was adopted when I was real little, so I don't know my birth parents".
    Subaru7
    Subaru7
    Apprentice

Male

Post by Subaru7 Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:52 pm

OoC:None taken Pyro, but those fit the stereotype anyway.

BiC:

Cameron looked up at her and then down at the book again. The next words he wrote were, "Mother, how do you check blood status?" The words that came back were, "Just drop a bit onto the book. Just a drop, nothing more, or else the book fails to read it." He scrummaged through his bag and found a pin. He accidentally let it slip and it pricked Alexandra.

"Ow!" she cried. He apologised a lot. He had meant to ask her first, but this was fine. before e dropped the blood, he wrote, "A spell to close small wounds?" and dropped it in. "Episkey. But you have to aim your wand really well, or nothing'll happen. Just give it time, the result will be back in a second."

He opened a chocolate frog and examined the card. "Huh, Ronald Weasley." and then he noticed the words forming in the book and said, "Alexandra, come take a look at this.

OoC:BR, just choose your blood status.
    Roxanne
    Roxanne
    Admin

Female

Post by Roxanne Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:10 pm

Willow watched Cameron and Alexandra for a moment. "Everyone comes from such different places.." she muttered. it was getting dark outside and she wondered how far off they were now. She was tired too. Peter had gotten her up early that morning to make sure they had everything and that she wouldn't be late but she ended up being late anyway. Moon moved from her shoulder to her lap and curled up to go to sleep. Willow leant back and closed her eyes. She just listened to the conversation going on between the others not bothering to respond. Willow felt odd not being in the presence of her grand-parents or her parents. She wondered if her parents knew where she was and what Hogwarts was. She played through their possible reactions if they came back and found out. She smiled to herself. She barely recognised their voices. It had been a fair few years since she had last seen them. Some conversation about Alexandra was going on at the time when their voices began to feel distant to Willow. They also seemed rather slurred and slow. She raised her eyebrows and then relaxed. It's not like she was going to be going anywhere anytime soon. She was almost positive she had a few hours left before they arrived.

After an hour or two of Willow doing nothing but sitting there with her eyes close West figured she must be asleep. He kept up the conversation with the other two and every moment they learned more about each other. The conversation sure beat the silence and the start of the train journey. West became hungry and he quickly grabbed something he had bought earlier from the lunch cart out of his back and began to nibble at it.

It wasn't long before the train began to slow. Willow still hadn't woken up and he began to chuckle a little. 'Must have gotten her up pretty early,' he thought to himself. He skooped the sleeping Moon out of her lap and placed her back in his pocket. The train would be arriving soon. "Willow," West chuckled. She opened one eye and raised an eyebrow at him. She glanced out the window and it was almost pitch black now. She heard a commotion as everyone tried to get off the train.

"Oh," she said jumping out of her seat. 'Great, I fell asleep!' she thought to herself. She slipped silently out into the corridor of the train following the others. She hoped she hadn't missed anything too significant.

"What time did he get you up this morning?" West asked looking back.

"Five. But then, it was a good thing because we realised we had a missed a fair few things when we first packed my suitcase. Then we started to drive to the station and I realised I had left my wand on the bedside table so we had to go back. We got up at five but we still managed to be a little late," Willow explained.

"That explains it," he said moving towards an exit following Alexandra and Cameron. Willow jumped off the train last out of the four of them and she took in her surroundings. Off the train there seemed to be far more students than before. She looked around for the other three before realising that she had lost track of them because she had been so overwhelmed. She then heard someone calling for first years and she ran over to inspect finding Alexandra, Cameron and West within the crowd.

Willow smiled at finally being here and her excitement pushed the thought and feeling of being tired to the back of her mind.
    Burning Rose
    Burning Rose
    Trainee

Female

Post by Burning Rose Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:15 pm

Willow had fallen asleep, West was reading a book, Cameron was writing in his journal, and Alexandra was completely astounded.

She was pureblood.

She was also a bit upset with Cameron. Her finger really hurt after he pricked her and it took awhile to heal, cause Cameron couldn't get his aim right till about ten tries later. She really wished he asked her first.

But, she knew that both her parents were magic. Maybe she could find out who they were, or are, at school.
    "Maybe Cameron will help me" Alexandra thought to herself.
    But then she thought of something, why would the give her up? MAybe she didn't want to know.

She spent most her time thinking for the rest of the train ride. Finally, the train started to slow.
    West woke Willow up, Cameron put his journal up, and Alexandra tied her hair up.
    Her hat was in her luggage, but the flower pin was in her hair.

They got off the train and Alexandra finally noticed the multitudes of people.
    She froze up and held her ground.
    Cameron and West kept going, Willow already disapeared, and Alexandra was being left behind.
    Kasumi Light
    Kasumi Light
    Trainee

Female

Post by Kasumi Light Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:31 pm

The three in the train compartment didn't talk much on the way to Hogwarts. Jenny was reading her book most of the time, and the rest was devoted to staring at her electric green nails and fiddling with her hair, looking out the window, the like. Jenny thought she would get along with Bella and Eva, even though the three would be in different houses that were stereotyped to hate each other.

Stereotyped to hate Slytherin. Stereotyped to hate Jenny.

The train slowed to a stop some few hours later, and Jenny stowed her book in her trunk, taking extra care to leave it unmarked and snuggled between a few pairs of socks. She followed Bella and Eva out of the compartment and off of the train. Jenny examined her electric green nails, which were glowing in the darkness that had fallen.
    Subaru7
    Subaru7
    Apprentice

Male

Post by Subaru7 Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:07 am

"Alexandra!?" he shouted. Hm, maybe he'd find her at the boats. Well, she was pure-blood, that should've cheered her up a bit. But, on the contrary, she looked even more dejected. Well, he needed to find the boats anyway.

"Firs' Years!" came a bellowing voice. The figure of Rubeus Hagrid was waving a lantern and beckoning all the first years to him. Cameron ran over and looked frantically for Alexandra. She must've gotten lost somewhere. "I'll find her at the feast. For now, let's get to the castle." Hagrid was leading them to the lake. Cameron jumped into one of the boats and waited to cast off.
    Pyro
    Pyro
    Trainee

Female

Post by Pyro Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:17 am

OOC: Subaru, you can call me Amy if you want. Most people do. =3

Hogsmede Station

Lupa tucked her wand into the pocket of her cloak, glancing back at her trunk as she stepped out of her compartment, soon being washed away with the multitudes of students aiming to get off the train. She stumbled off the steam train, landing on the station platform. She moved out of the way of the stream of students still pouring out of the train, to prevent herself being knocked over with the force of some of the older, and taller, students.

She glanced around as she heard a deep voice calling for the first years. Lupa stumbled through the crowd, heading towards the voice, but bumping into a girl, not much taller than Lupa, who was frozen on the platform, unmoving.

"A-are you okay?" Lupa asked, hoping that the girl was a first-year as well, and Lupa wasn't making a fool of herself.
    Burning Rose
    Burning Rose
    Trainee

Female

Post by Burning Rose Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:16 pm

[Ooc: I hope you mean me, Amy. If not, I'll edit it monday.]

[Bic:]
    Alexandra started to shake violently. She lost Cameron, Willow, and West, and didn't know what to do.
    All the sudden, someone asked her a question.
    She turned around and saw a girl around her age. She asked Alexandra if she was ok.

"U-uh, N-No" Alexandra replied, "I-I don't k-know where t-to go. I-I g-got seperated f-from my friends". The stuttering came with the shaking, and she had yet to find out how to stop it. It always happened around large crowds.

"Oh, well, I'm Lupa" the girl said, "Do you want to come with me? I think we need to go this way".
    "O-Ok" Alexandra replied, following Lupa, "I'm Alexandra".

"Nice to meet you" Lupa said warily, as they headed off towards the lake.

[Ooc: Hope this is ok with you, Amy.
    Btw, guys, I probally won't be on tomorrow. If I am, it'll be late tomorrow.]
    Pyro
    Pyro
    Trainee

Female

Post by Pyro Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:15 pm

OOC: Yup, I meant you. =3 And it's fine, No worries. =D

Hogsmede Station

Lupa smiled slightly at the girl, as they headed towards the booming voice. Lupa gazed up at the large man who was calling the first-years over with slight alarm.

"...Oh Hell." She muttered.
    "He's tall." She grimaced slightly as the first years were led to boats that were floating on the large expanse of water, which she clambered into, looking back at Alexandra.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Lupa asked her. They had gotten away from the large crowds of the station now, and Alexandra nodded slightly shakily as she climbed into the boat next to Lupa, who was looking at the other first-years. Some of them seemed to tower over the smaller ones, and Lupa felt slightly intimidated by alot of them. She pulled her cloak closer around her, shivering slighltly as the cold wind swept across the water.
    Estrella
    Estrella
    Trainee

Female
    Number of posts : 90
    Registration date : 2008-10-26

Post by Estrella Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:14 pm

"So Jenny, you said that you thought that you would be in Slytherin?" asked Eva whilst in a boat on the way to the castle.

"Yeah." Jenny said, still staring at her painted finger nails.

"That's actually pretty cool. Slytherin house has some of the greatest minds in history you know." Eva remarked, smiling.

"Yeah, but they all turned bad."

"That doesn't mean that you will if you are chosen to go into that house. You see, they chose to be bad, you don't have to."

"True, but everyone will hate me."

"I won't." Eva said boldly. "Let's be friends. I promise that I won't hate you. Even if we are in different houses, that are completely opposite, I'll still be your friend."

"Really?" asked Jenny, surprised.

"Of course. I like making friends, and I'm sure we'll get along great. So, friends?"

"Friends."

Both girls smiled at the other for a brief moment, before turning their heads and staring at the castle that was drawing near. The time for sorting was drawing near, and Eva was feeling anxious.

"Ok evryone, just go that was into those doors. The Headmistress be waiting fer you. Good luck!" Hagrid called, helping the kids get out of the boats as they pulled up to shore.

Eva shook in excitement as she and Jenny headed towards the large castle doors. It was time to be sorted. Which house would she be in?
    Kasumi Light
    Kasumi Light
    Trainee

Female

Post by Kasumi Light Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:54 pm

Jenny couldn't help but have a small smile across her face. Though she was positive that she would be a Slytherin, Eva had still opted to be her friend. The two were walking to the castle doors, behind groups of other first-years. Jenny tapped her nails against her cheeks. She felt something trickle out of her nose. A booger? She quickly wiped her nose with her cloak sleeve, only to find that it wasn't boogers but. . . blood.

Blood? she thought, and Eva looked at her. I never get nosebleeds.

"You okay?" Eva asked when the glow of Jenny's nails shone on the small flow of blood. "Your nose is bleeding."

Jenny nodded. "I'm fine," she said. "It's just weird, 'cause I never get nosebleeds. I'll be okay, no need to worry."

"But if they've never happened before, why would one happen now? Did you pick your nose to death?"

"No!" Jenny giggled. "No, I don't know why I'm getting a nosebleed. It doesn't matter, it's just one little nosebleed."

The large castle doors opened and the first-years were in a large hall. There were double-doors in the hall, and the first-years were lined up outside it. They were about to get sorted.
    Burning Rose
    Burning Rose
    Trainee

Female

Post by Burning Rose Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:29 pm

Lupa seemed intimadated by anyone who was tall, Alexandra noted while there were in the boat awaiting everyone else,
    "Maybe she's as much afraid of tall people, as I'm afraid of crowds" Alexandra mumbled to herself, "How am I supposed to go to school here, with millions of people?".

"Did you say something?" Lupa asked rocking the boat as she turned to face Alexandra.
    "J-just mumbling to m-myself" Alexandra replied.

She really wished the stuttering would stop. Maybe there was a potion or spell that would help Alexandra's fear. She'd ask Cameron later. As she thought of CAmeron she looked around to try and find him. Hopefully he was alrady in a boat. She started to look around for him, but couldn't find him.

A little while later, the first years were lined up outside, what someone told Alexandra, was the Great Hall. Someone also told her that once inside, they'd be sorted and their first year of Hogwarts would begin.
    Christina
    Christina
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 172
    Registration date : 2008-10-17

Post by Christina Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:03 pm

Bella looked eagerly at all of the witches and wizards around her. Many were older than she, she could tell because of the confidence they had as they walked to their respective groups. She was so busy looking in awe that when a young teen ran into her, she didn't notice at first.

"I'm so sorry," he said, his gray-green eyes gleaming as he smiled sheepishly. He didn't look much older than Bella, probably a third year.

" 's' alright," Bella said with a smile and looked up at him. He was very handsome, his dark hair fell into his eyes as he bent over to pick up a book. He looked at her one last time before speaking.

"The name's Derek, and you are?" He asked kindly. Bella was taken aback, she wasn't used to people older than her taking notice of her, let alone engaging in a conversation.

"My name's Bella, what's your year?" Bella asked somewhat shyly. She felt somewhat intimidated by the teen's obvious intelligence and was stunned by his kindness and she returned his second smile tentatively.

"Third. It's strange I haven't seen you before, what house are you in?" Derek asked suspiciously.

Bella blushed, "I'm not in a house, I'm a first year," she said quietly.

"Oh, well do you need me to show you where to go? I'd be more than happy to walk you to the boats," Derek said politely. Bella was stunned, he knew her age and still wanted to talk to her. She nodded, and Derek walked calmly through the groups of people until they reached the boats where Hagrid was waiting.

"See you around," Derek said casually and began to walk off.

"Wait!" Bella exclaimed. "What house are you in?"

"Hufflepuff," Derek said. He smiled thoughtfully before turning and jogging off.

"Hufflepuff," Bella said under her breathe with longing. "Hufflepuff."
    Subaru7
    Subaru7
    Apprentice

Male

Post by Subaru7 Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:28 am

Cameron had gotten into a boat alone, after deciding that Alexandra wasn't anywhere to be found. He whipped out his diary and saw a message from his mother. "I hope you have fun this year and make new friends. Remember not to learn anything more than the first page of the book, alright?" He looked up at the castle and was astounded by the magnitude and emminencxe that it commanded. It was really something else.

The entrance hall was also just as big as his parents had told him and so was the Great Hall. He looked around him and was glad to see Alexandra, but she was quite far away from him, talking to another girl. He smiled, since she had already made a friend. She must be a little reassured now. The doors opened and he was greeted by a scene of energy and anticipation, everyone awaiting the ominous sorting. He immediately got butterflies in his stomach. He was about to get sorted.
    Roxanne
    Roxanne
    Admin

Female

Post by Roxanne Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:23 pm

Although Willow could see the others within the crowd she did not have a hope of getting to them. There were so many students in her way it was unbelievable. She wandered along with the rest of the students to the boats and she sat on her own as West, Alexandra and Cameron had somehow been completely seperated from her into another boat. She sat silently until she had to get out of the boat and walk up to the large brightly lit castle.

As she got out of the boat she was so focused on the castle that she totally forgot about the others until West tapped on her shoulder causing her to jump. She turned around looking furious but that passed when she realised it was only West. "Thought I lost you on the train... I was about to swim back over the lake and make sure you'd gotten off," he laughed. Willow managed a chuckle too. He slung an arm around her neck and directed her the same way as all the other first years. "I'm not loosing you again," he said as she struggled to get free, uncomfortable with the feeling of having his arm any where near her. She settled a little and focused on walking.

Before long they reached the hall and as they walked in Willow got very nervous and shrunk back into the confines of West's arm. They walked down the middle of the hall inbetween two large, long tables with a lot of students looking at them all walking to the front. She was shocked when she took a glimpse upwards and noticed the ceiling look enchanted. "It's exactly what you think," West whispered. "That is if you think it's enchanted or at least something along the lines of that anyway."

She noticed that there were four tables and she assumed these were the tables that Peter had told her about and there was one for each house. "The students in the house are sort of like your family," she muttered repeating Peter's words. Seeing as West was still directing her she took the oppurtunity to just let him whilst she looked around the hall a little more.

Suddenly they stopped and Willow accidentally collided into a student in front of her. She apologized quietly and slunk back to West's side. The sorting began....

Last edited by Roxanne on Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Kasumi Light
    Kasumi Light
    Trainee

Female

Post by Kasumi Light Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:34 pm

The great double-doors opened. Jenny bent her neck way back to see the high domed ceiling, which was bewitched to look like the sky. There were four long tables, each full of students with house badges on their chests. Jenny quickly raised her hands to her nose, then lowered them slowly. Her nose had stopped bleeding. Phew. Even so, she wiped her cloak around under her nose, to remove any dry blood.

The first-years lined up in front of the staff table, and in front of the school. There was fidgeting between the first-years, and a caretaker brought a stool in, set it down, and put a hat on top of it. It was very old-looking, and every student and professor in the hall (even the ghosts) stared at it. Then it burst into song.

Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,
    But don't judge on what you see,
    I'll eat myself if you can find
    A smarter hat than me.
    You can keep your bowlers black,
    Your top hats sleek and tall,
    For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
    And I can cap them all.
    There's nothing hidden in your head
    The Sorting Hat can't see,
    So try me on and I will tell you
    Where you ought to be.
    You might belong in Gryffindor,
    Where dwell the brave at heart,
    Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
    Set Gryffindors apart;
    You might belong in Hufflepuff,
    Where they are just and loyal,
    Those patient Hufflepuffs are true,
    And unafraid of toil;
    Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
    If you've a ready mind,
    Where those of wit and learning,
    Will always find their kind;
    Or perhaps in Slytherin
    You'll make your real friends,
    Those cunning folk use any means
    To achieve their ends;
    So put me on! Don't be afraid!
    And don't get in a flap!
    You're in safe hands (though I have none)
    For I'm a Thinking Cap!

The entire school applauded, and Professor McGonagall picked up the hat and spoke.

OOC: Sa-chan will finish up the sorting. We'll call the name and house, but you can roleplay your expressions/thoughts of getting sorted, kinda like a flashback. ^-^

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 8:49 pm